Curious Storyteller RequiredFriday 20th January 2017
Hailer is on the hunt for an inquisitive, proactive and productive individual to get onboard at the first stop. If you feel compelled to unearth and share stories, be it using words, photography or film, and people seem to like what you do, then get in touch; qualifications and industry experience come second to motivation and a willingness to fill in any gaps in your skill-set. Initially, the role is for a freelance creative, based out of our office in St Agnes.
Hailer is a digital storytelling studio (read: content marketing) that works with a stable of exciting small and medium sized brands and businesses, producing all of the words and images that they share with their audiences. We craft the stories and images that define brands, grow followings and improve performance.
With each client account generally translating into one day’s work each week, a role at Hailer will be incredibly varied; everything revolves around finding and telling a story (and there are many ways to do that), so whilst you may have similar items on your to-do list from day-to-day, what you do to check off those boxes will always be different.
It’d be great if you:
– Can demonstrate regular creative output (writing, photography, vlogging or a combination thereof), either for your current job, for a personal blog or similar project.Are a good and confident communicator (across all mediums).
– Are curious and ask a lot of questions.
– Can work independently, but also perform within a chain, with the ability to take/give instructions and direction.
– Have broad and varied interests.
– Are aspirational and believe that anything is possible.
– Can work to regular (and sometimes short) deadlines.
– Have an eye for detail.
– Are digitally literate.
– Are hungry to learn and continue developing.
– Have your own transport
The following attributes would also be quite nice:
– Experience using a content management system (such as WordPress).
– Experience using Adobe Photoshop or similar software.
– Basic understanding of the dark arts of SEO and writing for the web.
– You know your way around Google Analytics.
– Your own laptop.
There’s no fixed closing date for this role; we want to match the best creative talent with prospective clients’ requirements, and may interview for various similar roles as they become available. This is a freelance role initially with the potential for it to develop into an employed position in the future.
Please send a current CV, cover letter and exemplar work to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and would like the chance to get onboard.